Baldur’s Gate 3 has been a massive success for Larian Studios, and the latest report from Newzoo serves as further proof of that. Here is some data about the game and its performance.
- According to an infographic published by Newzoo, Baldur’s Gate 3 was the highest-grossing game of August in the US and UK on PC and console (even though its launch on PS5 only happened in September). It took the crown from Diablo IV, which topped the revenue charts in these countries in July.
- 13.8% of gamers* played Baldur’s Gate 3 last month, with an average playtime of 30 hours. It also amassed over 48 million hours watched across Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook Gaming.
*Data is based on an aggregate of 37 key markets, excluding China and India
- Baldur’s Gate 3 also became the top RPG by monthly active users (MAU) on PC and console globally, ranking 13th across all genres.
- The US was the top market by MAU, followed by Russia and the UK.
- Interestingly, users who tried Baldur’s Gate 3 in August also played Armored Core VI, Remnant II, CS:GO, and BattleBit Remastered.
More data can be found in the full infographic.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has been the top-grossing game on Steam for the first three consecutive weeks since its launch on August 3 (and outperformed other premium titles by gross revenue again earlier this month). It also peaked at over 875k concurrent players, making it one of the top 10 most played games on the platform of all time.
There is no doubt that Baldur’s Gate 3 is already the most successful game from Larian Studios, although we are yet to see official sales figures from the company.