On September 1, miHoYo released version 2.1 of Gensin Impact. And a new wave of interest from fans helped the game generate $150 million on App Store and Google Play in just a week. It is more than the title’s revenue was in the full month before.
- According to a Sensor Tower report, Genshin Impact saw an almost five times increase in player spending between September 1 to September 7, compared to the week prior.
- During this week, players spent an average of $21.6 million a day in the game.
- Genshin Impact generated $55.7 million in China over the last seven days, which accounts for 37% of the total sum. It is followed by the US (20%) and Japan (19%).
- miHoYo’s title reached almost $1.9 billion in revenue to date globally.
- Ever since its release on September 28, 2020, Genshin Impact has been the third highest-grossing mobile game in the world, sitting right behind PUBG Mobile and Honor of Kings.
- Version 2.1 added a lot of new content to the game, including the PlayStation-exclusive character of Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. The update also introduced new islands, weapon sets, and events.