Last week, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds became the best-selling game on Steam. And Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin was the only new title in the chart.
Sea of Thieves, which has been leading the Steam chart for two consecutive weeks, lost first place to PUBG. It’s all thanks to a 50% discount for the popular battle royale.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, a new action-adventure RPG set in the famous universe, debuted both in third and ninth place. Rust and It Takes Two also performed well on the chart, rising to fourth and seventh place respectively.
GTA V managed to return to the top 10 once again, thanks to the latest discount. Other games on the chart continued to lose their spots, with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Forza Horizon 4 dropping to fifth and sixth place respectively.
Steam’s top-sellers of the week (July 11)
- 1. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- 2. Sea of Thieves
- 3. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- 4. Rust
- 5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- 6. Forza Horizon 4;
- 7. It Takes Two
- 8. Valve Index VR Kit
- 9. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- 10. Grand Theft Auto V
- Valve reportedly consents to fan-made Half-Life 2 Remastered Collection
- Linux hits 1% user share on Steam for first time in years, which is over 1 million players
- New World tops Steam weekly chart for second week in row
- Video Game Insights on Steam games released in 2021: “a reasonable proxy” for units sold is 30 times game’s total reviews