In the first quarter (ended on March 31), Crash Bandicoot: On the Run became one of the top mobile games in terms of revenue and downloads. King’s title also surpassed 20 million downloads faster than any other runner before, including Subway Surfers.
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run earned $700 thousand in the first week, according to Sensor Tower. It’s comparable to other successful King’s titles but lower than Candy Crush Jelly Saga, which earned around $1.5 million in its first seven days since launch.
- The runner earned $330,000 in the US by the end of the first quarter, ranking 9th in the platformer/runner category. The game is outperformed by titles like Subway Surfers ($1.7 million), Cookie Run: Ovenbreak ($1.5 million), and Fun Run 3 ($860 million. However, Crash Bandicoot: On the Run was released just days before the end of Q1.
Sensor Tower: top games in the US by downloads and revenue (Q1)
- King’s runner reached $1.27 million in less than a month since its release, according to AppMagic. The game is now earning around $33,000 a day, compared to its launch figures of $70,000+.
AppMagic: daily revenue of Crash Bandicoot: On the Run
- Sensor Tower estimates Crash Bandicoot: On the Run’s first-week downloads at 23.6 million. It’s much higher than King’s other titles and more than double of Candy Crush Jelly Saga (11.5 million downloads in the first week).
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run is the main driver of Activision Blizzard’s growth in Q1, which became the publisher’s best quarter in terms of downloads since launching Call of Duty: Mobile in late 2019.
- According to App Annie, Crash Bandicoot: On the Run surpassed 21 million downloads in just four days. It’s the best result among other runners — 5 times faster than Temple Run 2, 7 times faster than Talking Tom Gold Run, and 31 times faster than Subway Surfers.
App Annie: how many days did it take for Crash Bandicoot: On the Run and other runners to reach 20 million downloads
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run also became the most downloaded platformer/runner in the US. Sensor Tower reports the game generated 6.9 million downloads by March 31. For comparison, Subway Surfers was downloaded 4 million times in the US in the first quarter.
- However, SYBO Games’ game shows extreme longevity even almost nine years since release. Subway Surfers generated over 40 million downloads in the first quarter, ranking 7th worldwide. According to App Annie, the game also became 3rd most downloaded mobile title and ranked 8th by MAU globally last year. So only the time will show if Crash Bandicoot: On the Run will be able to remain this popular in the long run.
- Downloads of the King’s title are now decreasing. According to AppMagic, it generated over 500,000 downloads on April 18, which is much lower than 4 million daily downloads at launch.
AppMagic: daily downloads of Crash Bandicoot: On the Run
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run can still become one of the most downloaded mobile games of 2021. The game has already generated between 34.6 million (according to AppMagic) and 37.5 million (according to Sensor Tower) downloads.