Last month, video game sales in Europe increased by 20% compared to June 2022. This is according to new data provided by the Game Sales Data (GSD) charts.
- 15.5 million games were sold in Europe in June, as reported by GSD (via GamesIndustry.biz).
- 10.5 million units were purchased digitally, and the remaining 5 million were physical copies.
- 500,700 consoles were sold last month, up 33% year-over-year. PlayStation was the best-selling hardware, thanks to an 116% spike in sales, followed by Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X|S.
- Diablo IV was the best-selling game of the month. PC accounted for 66% of its sales, followed by PlayStation 5 (21%), Xbox Series X|S (9%), and PlayStation 4 (9%).
- Final Fantasy XVI finished in second place, with its launch sales down 24% compared to Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
- Other new titles on the GSD chart were F1 23 (#6) and Street Fighter 6 (#9). The latter had over 51% of its sales on PS5, followed by PC (28%), Xbox Series X|S (12%), and PS4 (9%).
- Hogwarts Legacy remains the fastest-selling game of 2023, followed by Diablo IV and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Nintendo, however, doesn’t disclose its digital download data, so overall Zelda sales may be higher.
More data and the top 10 best-selling games for June 2023 can be found in the full article.