CD Projekt has released a financial report for the first six months of 2022. The company shared key business results and opened up about the parallel development of two AAA games.
- The Polish company reported revenue of PLN 377.9 million ($79.6 million), which is down 20% year-over-year.
- Game sales accounted for 75.6% of total revenue, followed by merch (24%) and services (0.4%).
- CD Projekt’s net profit was PLN 113.7 million ($23.9 million), which is up 8% year-over-year.
- Right now, the company is working on two AAA games, which is in line with its RED 2.0 strategy of parallel development.
- One of these titles is the next Witcher game, which is likely in active production now as the company has started transferring people from other divisions.
- Thus, the size of the teams working on GWENT and support for Cyberpunk 2077 has drastically reduced compared to December 31, 2021.
- The company is also actively working on a newly announced expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 titled Phantom Liberty, as well as an unannounced project from The Molasses Flood.
- On top of that, CD Projekt plans to launch the next-gen version of The Witcher 3 in the fourth quarter of 2022.