Newzoo has shared a new report on the global esports market. Analysts expect it to reach $1.38 billion by the end of 2022.
- China will account for almost a third of global esports revenues. Southeast Asia, Central Southern Asia, and Latin America are the fastest-growing markets.
- There will be 261 million esports enthusiasts, who watch at least once a month, by the end of the year. The total esports audience will top over 530 million people globally.
- Sponsorship will account for $883.7 million, or almost 60% of global esports revenues. It is followed by media rights ($207.8 million), publisher fees ($130.7 million), merchandise and tickets ($107.9 million).
- In 2021, Twitch remained the number one live-streaming platform in the West, with 20 billion hours watched (up 26% year-over-year). It is followed by YouTube Gaming, with 4.7 billion hours watched.
- Newzoo expects the global esports market to surpass $1.86 billion in revenues in 2025.
The full report can be found here.