Product review website Rave Reviews has published its research on the world’s most hated brands. When it comes to video games, no company is hated more than Ubisoft.
The Rave Reviews’ research is based on the analysis of over a million brand-related tweets. “We calculated the hate rate (% of negative tweets) and ranked the brands by location and category to find the most hated brands in every country,” the company said.
- Sony became the most hated global brand in the world, leading in 10 countries, including Canada, Austria, Chile, Greece, and Romania.
- Ubisoft was named the most hated gaming brand in 23 countries, including France, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and Germany.
- The Assassin’s Creed developer is followed by Capcom, which leads in nine countries.
- Japanese developer Game Freak, known for making the series of games based on the Pokémon IP, has a 100% hate rate in Canada.
- Nintendo, however, became the most hated gaming brand in only one country, Norway.
- Microsoft was named the most hated big tech brand in 22 countries.
The full research can be found here.
- Ubisoft employees afraid new ‘role model’ evaluation attribute might become another discrimination tool
- Apple Arcade former head of content reportedly becomes new VP of PlayStation’s mobile division
- Ubisoft hiring more devs to work on Beyond Good & Evil 2, although its future remains vague
- Report: Devs asked to remove sexist and harassment-related content from Resident Evil 4 VR