Remedy has issued a report for the first half of 2021 (ended June 30). Financial results aside, the company also shared updates on its key franchises and an upcoming game in collaboration with Epic Games.
Highlights from the report
- Remedy reported €17.53 million in revenue for the first half of the year, which is up 3.3% year-over-year. EBIDTA for the first six months of 2021 was €3.72 million.
- Control reached 10 million players, which Remedy calls a “formidable audience.” The company will continue to support the game.
- Remedy will also expand this IP, saying that it is still working on the Control co-op spin-off Condor and the game’s bigger-budget sequel, which is in the “early conception phase.”
- The company’s other AAA project, developed in collaboration with Epic Games, is now in “full production mode.” Remedy is now also actively working on a smaller unannounced title, as well as free-to-play co-op game Vanguard.
- Remedy employs 293 people as of the end of June 2021. The company will continue to recruit new talent outside Finland.