VG Insights has shared a new report on Steam publishers. It’s been found out that 90% of all revenue on the store comes from the top 8 countries, including the US, Japan, and France.
VG Insights has analyzed 2337 publishers by country, ranking them by revenue, sales, and other metrics.
- 24% of reviewed publishers come from the US, followed by the UK (10%), Canda (7%), Germany (7%), Sweden (5%), and France (5%). The only country in the top 10 not being from Europe or North America is Japan (3%).
- When looking at the top 250 publishers, 69 companies come from the US. It is followed by the UK (28), Japan (20), and China (18).
- The top 250 publishers accounted for 91% of all revenue on Steam in the last 365 days. Bandai Namco, for example, generated over $800 million over the 12-month period (8% of all revenues on Steam), mostly driven by Elden Ring sales.
- The 250th publisher (the company’s name is undisclosed) made $3.4 million on Steam in the last 365 days.
- US publishers account for 39% of $8 billion generated by Steam games in the last 365 days. It is followed by Japan (23%), the UK (9%), France (9%), and Sweden (5%).
- It is worth noting that 90% of all revenue on Steam comes from the top 8 countries.
- US companies account for almost 50% of total sales and 30% of games published on Steam.
The full report can be found here.