Sensor Tower has shared the list of the highest-grossing mobile titles for August 2021 by worldwide revenue. PUBG Mobile landed in first place with $270 million in player spending.
Key figures from the report
- The global mobile games market generated $7.7 billion in August 2021, which is up 8.6% year-over-year.
- The US accounted for 28% of total player spending with $2.1 billion. It was followed by Japan (20.8%) and China (17.5%).
- PUBG Mobile saw a 4.7% growth year-over-year, with 61.4% of its revenue coming from China. The US accounted for 9%, followed by Turkey with 6.5%.
- Honor of Kings landed in second place with $256.2 million in gross revenue. China accounted for 95% of its player spending.
- These titles were followed by Genshin Impact, Fate/Grand Order, and Pokémon GO.
- Fate/Grand Order generated $133.8 million in August, which is up 13.6% year-over-year. It was the game’s best month for two years in terms of revenue.
- Newzoo: global mobile game revenues to exceed $90 billion for first time in 2021
- Indie developer Arnold Rauers’s revenue increased by 41% after adopting free-to-play model
- App Annie and its founder to pay over $10 million to settle securities fraud charges
- Genshin Impact generated $150 million in 7 days, more than its total revenue for August