2020 is YouTube Gaming’s biggest year, with 100 billion hours of gaming content watched, according to Ryan Wyatt, Head of Global Gaming, You Tube.
“We now have over 40 million active gaming channels,” Wyatt shared in a blog post.
Global top overall games watched of 2020:
- Minecraft: 201B views
- Roblox: 75B views
- Garena Free Fire: 72B views
- Grand Theft Auto V: 70B views
- Fortnite: 67B views
Top 5 live games watched in 2020:
- Garena Free Fire
- Grand Theft Auto V
- PUBG Mobile
Here are some additional metrics:
- More than 80,000 YouTube Gaming creators hit 100,000 subscribers
- Over 1,000 gaming creators hit 5 million subscribers
- Over 350 gaming creators reached a whopping 10 million subscribers!