Google Play is accepting applications for the 2020 Indie Games Festival.
Indie developers from Europe, Japan and South Korea are invited to enter Google Play’s contest for a chance to win the following prizes:
- A paid trip to Warsaw to showcase their game at the final event
- A scalability assessment and a tailored growth campaign by SuperScale worth 100,000 EUR
- Invites to the Google Play Games Accelerator
- Consultations with the Google Play team
- Premium placements in the Google Play Store
- Promotions on Android and Google Play marketing channels
- Tickets to top industry events
- The latest Google hardware
To be eligible to participate, the studios should have no more than 50 full time employees. And they can only enter the competition with a new game that needs to be publicly published on Google Play between 7 May 2019 and 2 March 2020.
The criteria are not specifically identified, but the panel of experts will look at “the level of innovation, fun, and technical & production quality.” The Korean page is a little bit more detailed. It lays down four metrics, each assigned a percentage in the overall score.
- Innovation (30%)
- Fun (30%)
- Design (20%)
- Technical & Production quality (20%)
Submissions deadline is 2 March 2020.
In March, top 20 finalists will be selected and invited to showcase their games at public events on April 25, 2020, that will take place in Warsaw, Tokyo and Seoul.
At the event, the audience and the Google Play team will identify the top ten teams. Finally, these ten will be able to pitch their games to a jury of industry veterans who will name three winners.
More information is available here.