Mario Kart Tour has reached $293 million in player spending on iOS and Android. It is now Nintendo’s second highest-grossing mobile game.
- According to the latest data from Sensor Tower (via Eurogamer), Mario Kart Tour has generated $293 million globally to date.
- It is up $93 million from the $200 million mark reported in April 2021.
- The game’s commercial success is mainly due to its gacha-like mechanics, which offer players randomized rewards like characters and karts.
- Nintendo, however, decided to remove these elements from the project last week, so it is interesting to see how this move will affect the game’s revenue.
- Mario Kart Tour is followed by Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp ($287 million) and Dragalia Lost ($168.5 million).
- Fire Emblem Heroes remains Nintendo’s highest grossing mobile title, with around $1 billion in lifetime revenue.