Netflix mobile games have generated over 13 million downloads, according to Sensor Tower. Stranger Things titles saw a surge in installs after the fourth season of the popular show premiered last month.
- As of now, the company has 24 mobile titles in its catalog. All of them are ad-free and require only a Netflix account to play.
- In January, Apptopia reported that the company’s gaming catalog generated over 8 million downloads. So the number has increased by 5 million ever since.
- Stranger Things 1984 is the number one game by downloads with almost 2 million installs. It is followed by Netflix Asphalt Xtreme (1.8 million) and Stranger Things 3: The Game (1.5 million).
- Netflix mobile games reached 147k installs in October 2021. Right now, the company’s catalog generates over 1 million downloads per month on average.
- Both Stranger Things games saw a surge in downloads when the first part of the series’ fourth season premiered on May 27, 2022. Stranger Things 1984 and Stranger Things 3 saw their installs increase by 162% and 201% week-over-week, respectively.
- Netflix has also been active in the M&A field, selectively buying third-party studios. It has already acquired Oxenfree developer Night School Studio and Next Games.
- The latter has already generated 43 million downloads across its portfolio of mobile games based on popular IPs like The Walking Dead and Stranger Things, so the team may contribute to Netflix’s further growth.