Chacko Sonny will leave Blizzard Entertainment this Friday. He is best known as an executive producer of Overwatch 2. However, there is reportedly no connection between Sonny’s departure and the ongoing scandal.
A spokesperson for Activision Blizzard confirmed the news to Bloomberg. Sonny didn’t reveal the specific reason behind his departure but said that working at the company “has been an absolute privilege and one of the best experiences of my career.”
According to the producer’s colleagues, he was “well-respected” and a “stabilizing force on the Overwatch team,” especially after game director Jeff Kaplan left the studio earlier this year.
As for Overwatch 2 itself, the company’s spokesperson said that it is “in the final stages of production.”
Blizzard has lost a few key employees over the last few months. The list includes the studio’s chief legal officer Claire Hart, HR head Jesse Meschuk, the company’s president J. Allen Brack, as well as several senior developers of Diablo and World of Warcraft.
Activision Blizzard is currently embroiled in the DFEH lawsuit. This week, the Securities and Exchange Commission also launched its own investigation into the company in the wake of the ongoing harassment scandal.
- Things get complicated in Activision Blizzard harassment scandal, as DFEH and EEOC oppose each other
- Philippe Sauze steps down as Head of Activision Blizzard and joins MY.GAMES as Head of Europe
- CWA urges SEC and DFEH to hold Activision Blizzard accountable: “$18M is a slap in the face for workers”
- Activision Blizzard creates $18 million fund to compensate employees claiming harassment damages