Kickstarter has shared a report on video games for the first half of 2021. They raised $13 million on the platform in total.
- The first half of 2021 was the second-best semester for video games on Kickstarter since 2015. H2 2020 is ahead with $14 million raised.
- 649 games were submitted to Kickstarter during the first half of 2021, which is up 10.3% year-over-year. 184 of them reached their goal, which is up 9.5% year-over-year.
- 25 games managed to raise between $100,000 and $500,000, which is just short of $5 million in total.
- Friday Night Funkin’ and Coral Island became the most successful titles of the first half of 2021, raising $2.2 million and $1.6 million respectively.
- “There is a steady flow of video games creations that find funding on Kickstarter, and there is no sign of decline in sight,” Kickstarter concludes.
The full report, which also focuses on tabletop games, can be found here.
- Movie Games launches Kickstarter campaign for MythBusters: The Game
- CD Projekt Red runs its first Kickstarter campaign. It’s for The Witcher: Ronin manga. And some concept-testing?
- Embracer’s acquisition of Gearbox leaves all Homeworld 3 investors without potential profit
- $23 million pledged to video games on Kickstarter in 2020