Riot Games entered the mobile market last year, and it has already achieved a significant milestone. According to Sensor Tower, the company’s three mobile games have already generated over $100 million.
- League of Legends: Wild Rift is the main driver of revenue, accounting for 60% of Riot games’ mobile revenue. The game generated $64.7 million on the App Store and Google Play, excluding third-party Android stores, and reached 46.3 million downloads.
- Auto Chess game Teamfight Tactics, released in March 2020, reached $27.5 million in player spending. It was also downloaded 15 million times.
- Card game Legends of Runeterra, released in April 2020, generated $16.2 million and reached almost 13 million installs.
- During the second quarter of 2021, these three titles generated $36.5 million in revenue, which is up 50% year-over-year.
- The US accounts for 26% of Riot Games’ total mobile revenue, which is around $28 million. It is followed by South Korea (22%) and Brazil (6.5%).
- Riot Games staff became slightly more diverse, although share of new women hired declined
- Genshin Impact generated $150 million in 7 days, more than its total revenue for August
- Sensor Tower: mobile games generated $7.7 billion in player spending in August
- Imposter-themed games see 2,554% increase in player spending due to Among Us success