Days Gone, a former PlayStation exclusive, was released on PC on May 18. The game has become a new chart leader on Steam, attracting over 27,000 concurrent players at peak.
Days Gone received 91% of positive reviews from Steam users despite being criticized after its PS4 release in 2019.
Meanwhile, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, the former chart’s leader, dropped to 2nd place. Resident Evil Village also dropped to 4th place.
The upcoming ARPG about mutated animals Biomutant has already climbed to 5th place. The game will be released on May 25 on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and PS5.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Cyberpunk 2077, and Red Dead Redemption 2 came back to the top 10 best-selling games on Steam — all thanks to discounts.
Steam’s top-sellers of the week (May 23)
- 1. Days Gone
- 2. Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- 3. Biomutant
- 4. Resident Evil Village
- 5. Subnautica: Below Zero
- 6. Red Dead Redemption 2
- 7. Valve Index VR Kit
- 8. The Witcher 3 — Game of the Year Edition
- 9. It Takes Two
- 10. Cyberpunk 2077
- BioWare new general manager Gary McKay previously worked on FIFA series, fans have concerns
- Guilty Gear: Strive takes over Steam chart, debuting both in 1st and 3rd place
- Colony building sim Going Medieval becomes best-selling game on Steam weekly chart
- Steam now allows developers to create their own customized bundles