Mobile developer and publisher Scopely has reached a new milestone. According to AppMagic, it recently surpassed $7 billion in revenue across its gaming portfolio.
- As AppMagic data shows, Scopely games have generated over $7.6 billion in player spending on iOS and Android (when looking at revenue from in-app purchases reduced by platform fees and inclusive taxes, the total comes out to $4.2+ billion).
- The US accounts for 74% of the total, followed by the UK (5%), Canada (4%), Germany (4%), and France (2%).
- Interestingly, 52% of Scopely’s revenue comes from Google Play, which is quite unusual for the mobile games market.
- Marvel Strike Force is the number one title by IAP revenue — $716 million, or 17% of the total. It is followed by Star Trek Fleet Command ($604.6 million) and Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks ($501.5 million).
A spike in revenue happened due to the successful performance of Monopoly Go!, which is now one of Scopely’s main hits
- Interestingly, Scopely’s latest tile, Monopoly Go!, has already broken in the top 5 and generated over $309 million since its launch in April 2023.
- According to AppMagic, the game has been the main revenu driver for the company over the past few months, currently accounting for 74% of its monthly player spending and generating 12 million downloads per month.
- Analysts cited a mixture of casual and social casino mechanics, social features, live ops strategy (with weekly events and tournaments), and proper use of the renowned Monopoly IP among the main factors behind Monopoly Go!’s success.
In April 2023, Savvy Games Group, owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, acquired Scopely for $4.9 billion. This is currently the sixth largest-ever M&A deal in the games industry, behind Microsoft-Zenimax ($7.5 billion), Tencent-Supercell ($8.6 billion), Take-Two-Zynga ($12.7 billion), and Microsoft-Activision Blizzard ($68.7 billion). The latter is expected to close later this week.