Elden Ring is on the way to becoming the best-selling video game of 2022. On top of that, FromSoftware’s latest title has also been named one of the biggest game launches in YouTube history.
This is according to data from YouTube Gaming (via IGN). Elden Ring reached 3.4 billion views on the platform in the first 60 days since its launch.
It is followed by:
- GTA V — 1.9 billion views in 60 days;
- Red Dead Redemption 2 — 1.4 billion views;
- Super Mario Odyssey — 828 million views;
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 638 million views;
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — 456 million.
Although Elden Ring has outperformed all games on this list, YouTube Gaming still doesn’t call it the biggest game launch on its platform. It is also worth noting that YouTube was smaller in 2013 when GTA V came out.
However, Elden Ring numbers are still impressive, showing a huge interest in FromSoftware’s biggest hit.
The game sold 13.4 million units globally as of March 31. According to the NPD Group, Elden Ring will end up as the best-selling premium game of 2022, becoming only the third game since 2009 to outperform Call of Duty in sales.