More analysts forecast a slight recession in the games market this year. Newzoo lowered its global gaming revenues estimates from the $203.1 billion it had expected before.
- As of July 27, Newzoo expects the global games market to reach $196.8 billion in 2022. It is up 2.1% year-over-year.
- Market conditions, including supply issues and AAA game delays, are the main reason for the revised outlook.
- Mobile games will account for 53% of total revenues. This sector will show the biggest growth, increasing by 5.1% year-over-year to $103.5 billion.
- The PC market will grow 1.6% year-over-year to $40.4 billion.
- The console segment will likely decline by 2.2% to $52.9 billion.
- The number of gamers will reach 3.2 billion people by the end of this year (up 4.6% year-over-year). Asia-Pacific will account for 55% of global players.
- Despite a slight slowdown, Newzoo expects the global games market to reach $225.7 billion in 2025.
More data about the market can be found in the full report.