Techland has revealed that Dying Light 2 has reached a major sales milestone. The Poland-based company also shared its plans for upcoming updates for the game.
- Dying Light 2 surpassed 5 million copies sold globally on February 28, Techland told GamesRadar+.
- This means the game hit this mark in less than a month since its launch on February 3, making it the fastest-selling title developed by Techland.
- The first Dying Light has already reached 20 million in lifetime sales.
- It is worth noting that it took the game 45 days after its launch in 2015 to reach the 3.2 million mark, with its sales surpassing 17 million units by the end of 2019.
- Techland also noted that it will release a new major update for Dying Light 2 next week. Perhaps, it will include a New Game Plus mode and other additional content.
Dying Light 2 Stay Human was met with mostly positive reviews from critics, also peaking at 274k concurrent players on Steam. In February, we also spoke with Techland senior producer Kornel Jaskuła about the game’s development, its narrative, and the impact the pandemic had on the company.