data.ai has revealed the winners of its Top Publisher Award 2022, sharing a list of 52 companies ranging by global consumer spend over the last year. The ranking includes publishers like Tencent, Activision Blizzard, miHoYo, and NetEase.
- Tencent took first place again, followed by NetEase.
- These Chinese tech giants have been holding leading positions thanks to the long-lasting success of their mobile hits like Honor of Kings, PUBG Mobile, Fantasy Westward Journey.
- Activision Blizzard moved up one ranked to third place, with its growth mostly driven by Candy Crush Saga and Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Playrix, Google, Zynga, ByteDance, Playtika, Match Group, and Netmarble also made it to the top 10 global publishers by consumer spend.
- miHoYo ranked 14th, jumping several spots in 2021 thanks to growing revenues from its global hit Genshin Impact.
- It is worth noting that almost a third of companies on the list are based in China, followed by the US (28.8%) and Japan (19.2%).
- Hyper-casual giant Voodoo was named the top publisher by global downloads, followed by AppLovin, Crazy Labs, Jinkie Culture – Outfit 7, and SayGames.
The full list, including winners in other categories, can be found here.