Sensor Tower has published a new report on the most popular mobile games in the US for the first half of 2021. “Imposter” became the fastest-growing theme, all thanks to a massive success of Among Us.
Key takeaways from the report
- The Imposter-themed games reached $8.4 million in player spending in the first half of 2021, which is a 26 times increase year-over-year.
- Among Us accounts for 94.3% of this category’s total revenue. It is followed by Suspects: Mystery Mansion.
- The fastest-growing game setting in the first half of 2021 was Sci-Fi, which reached $1.2 billion in revenue (up 35.5% year-over-year).
- The fastest-growing camera POV were Third Person games, which reached $1 billion in player spending (up 27.5% year-over-year).
- Neon became the fastest-growing art style, with revenue reaching $7.3 million (up 109% year-over-year).
The full report with a more in-depth analysis and list of highest-grossing titles can be found here.