Laureates of the Gamescom Awards 2021 have been revealed. The winners were chosen by the jury, consisting of German and international game journalists and content creators.
Elden Ring, which led the nominations, also took home the most awards. From Software’s upcoming action RPG was followed by Halo Infinite, which won in two categories — best Xbox game and best multiplayer game.
Interestingly, an unannounced title became the winner in the Best Simulation category. It is still unknown whether this mysterious title will be presented at Gamescom.
The list of winners
- Best Action Adventure Game — Elden Ring
- Best Action Game — Far Cry 6
- Best Family Game — Super Dungeon Maker
- Best Indie Game — Lost in Random
- Best RPG — Elden Ring
- Best Simulation — Undisclosed Title
- Best Sports Game — Riders Republic
- Best Strategy Game — Age of Empires IV
- Best Multiplayer Game — Halo Infinite
- Best Ongoing Game — Apex Legends
- Most Original Game — Dice Legacy
- Best Microsoft Xbox Game — Halo Infinite
- Best Nintendo Switch Game — Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Best PC Game — Syberia: The World Before
- Best Sony PlayStation Game — Elden Ring