The list was published of 10 highest-grossing mobile games of all time. Chinese MOBA Honor of Kings sits on top, with its total revenue approaching $10 billion.
The list was published by PocketGamer.biz, based on the information provided by Sensor Tower.
It is worth noting that the presented data span the period between January 1, 2014, and July 31, 2021. It also excludes revenues from third-party Android stores and additional money that these games could have generated through sponsorship deals and advertising.
10. Lineage M — mobile MMO developed by NCSoft, which came out in 2017 and has generated $3.5 billion to date.
9. Fantasy Westward Journey — Chinese MMO created by NetEase, which was released in 2015 and has reached $4.7 billion in revenue.
8. Pokémon GO — Niantic-developed AR game, which has generated $5.2 billion since its launch in 2016.
7. Fate/Grand Order — Japanese RPG, which came out in 2015 and has reached $5.4 billion in revenue.
6. Puzzle & Dragons — match-3 RPG created by GungHo Online Entertainment, which has generated $5.6 billion since its launch in 2012.
5. PUBG Mobile — the famous battle royale came out in 2018 and has reached $6.2 billion in revenue on mobile.
4. Candy Crush Saga — King-developed match-3 title, which has generated $6.4 billion since its launch in 2012.
3. Clash of Clans — Supercell’s most successful game, which came out in 2012 and has reached $7.7 billion in revenue.
2. Monster Strike — Japanese RPG developed by Mixi (XFLAG), which has generated $9.3 billion since its launch in 2013.
1. Honor of Kings — Tencent-created MOBA, which was released in 2015 and has reached $9.6 billion in revenue.