Amazon’s new MMORPG New World continues to lead the Steam chart. It was also the only game from the previous week, besides GTA V, which managed to stay in the top 10.
Pre-orders for New World and its deluxe edition remained in the first two places. The game’s concurrent players numbers peaked at 72,868 on August 1.
The Ascent, an action-shooter set in the cyberpunk world, debuted in third place. It was followed by Tribes of Midgard and Orcs Must Die! 3.
Indie strategy game Mini Motorways, which was initially released on Apple Arcade in 2019, debuted in ninth place on the Steam chart.
Steam’s top-sellers of the week (August 1)
- New World
- New World (Deluxe Edition)
- The Ascent
- Tribes of Midgard
- Orcs Must Die! 3
- Valve Index VR Kit
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Battlefield 1
- Hitman 2 — Gold Edition
- Mini Motorways
- How game’s first-week revenue on Steam correlates with year one revenue
- Charlie Oscar founder on definition of ‘indie’ and being €100K short ahead of Gremlins, Inc. release
- Developers share their impressions of Steam Deck: “Honestly a bit of a game-changer for me”
- SNKRX dev compares its average playtime to other roguelites, with Slay the Spire being absolute leader