New World, a new MMORPG from Amazon Games, has become a new chart-topper on Steam. The game continues to attract new players ahead of its official launch.
While New World will only come out on August 31, players can now pre-order it and get access to its closed beta. It is worth noting that basic and deluxe versions of the game took over the first two places on the Steam chart.
Ideology, a DLC for RimWorld, debuted in third place, followed by F1 2021, GTA V, and Red Dead Redemption 2.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, which topped the chart last week, dropped to eighth place. Indie action-adventure game Death’s Door debuted in ninth place, receiving very positive reviews from players.
Steam’s top-sellers of the week (July 25)
- New World
- New World
- RimWorld — Ideology
- F1 2021
- Valve Index VR Kit
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- Death’s Door
- Days Gone
- How game’s first-week revenue on Steam correlates with year one revenue
- Charlie Oscar founder on definition of ‘indie’ and being €100K short ahead of Gremlins, Inc. release
- Amazon Games to publish game from Glowmade, whose team worked on titles like Fable and Battlefield
- Developers share their impressions of Steam Deck: “Honestly a bit of a game-changer for me”