In its latest financial report, Take-Two has announced its “strongest development pipeline.” The publisher has ambitious plans to release dozens of new games, including different premium and mobile experiences.
On May 18, Take-Two released a report for the fourth quarter of 2021 (ended March 31), also providing an outlook for the upcoming fiscal years.
The pipeline of upcoming games
- Take-Two will release 21 games in the new fiscal year (ending March 31, 2022), with four “immersive core” titles. This category includes two games from existing franchises and two new IPs. It’s still unclear what those games are but one of them is coming from Gearbox.
- The publisher will also release six “new iterations of previously released titles,” which are probably different remasters, reissues, and remakes. One of them is definitely the new version of GTA V for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, which will come out on November 11.
- Considering that GTA III will celebrate its 20th anniversary this year, some fans speculated that Take-Two might also release a remaster of the classic game. However, the company hasn’t commented on these speculations yet.
- As for the fiscal years 2023-2024 (ending March 31, 2023, and March 31, 2024 respectively), Take-Two will deliver 41 games, including 19 immersive core titles (4 of them will be F2P), 5 independent games, and 10 mobile releases.
- To release all these 62 games on time, the publisher also hired 1,500 new employees over the last two years.
Other notable information
- GTA V reached 145 million copies, with all games of the series selling 345 million units.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 reached 37 million copies, becoming the 2nd best-selling game in the US in the past 3 years.
- The Borderlands series sold around 70 million copies globally.
- The Civilization franchise reached 57 million units
- The BioShock series surpassed 37 million copies.
- Take-Two also reported record-breaking revenue of $3.37 billion and net income of $589 million for the full fiscal year.