CD Projekt issued its annual report for the fiscal year ended December 31. The company reached a record-breaking revenue, which was up 310% from the previous year. It also shared information about Cyberpunk 2077 sales and budget.
Key financial figures
- Sales revenue reached PLN 2.13 billion (around $561 million) — up 310% year-over-year;
- Net profit reached PLN 1.15 billion (around $303 million) — up 558% year-over-year;
- Operating costs, including selling costs (marketing), were PLN 490 million (around $128.8 million);
- Cyberpunk was the main driver of the company’s growth.
- Total budget of Cyberpunk 2077 was PLN 1.2 billion (around $316 million);
- The game sold 13.7 million copies by the end of 2020;
- Digital copies account for 73% of total sales. PC version account for 56% of total sales, while PS4 and Xbox One account for 28% and 17% respectfully;
- 38% units were sold in the US. Europe comes second with 34%;
- According to Gamesindustry.biz, CD Projekt revealed in a post-earnings call that the company refunded around 30,000 copies. It spent PLN 8.46 million (around $2.23 million) on its “Help Me Refund” program;
- Cyberpunk 2077 was developed by a team of 530 employees, with over 5,200 people engaged in the project in total.
- The series surpassed 50 million copies sold in total, with The Witcher 3 selling over 30 million units;
- 2020 was the third-best year for The Witcher 3 in terms of revenue and the second-best in terms of number of copies sold;
- PC version of The Witcher 3 accounts for 52% of total sales, with PS4 coming second — 31%.
CD Projekt CFO Piotr Nielubowicz also noted that the company plans to release “dedicated next-gen console editions of both Cyberpunk and The Witcher 3.” You can read the full financial report here.