Atlus has disclosed sales of Persona 5 Royal remaster recently released for PC and consoles. The Japanese company also shared total figures for Persona 5 and its spin-offs.
According to an official press release:
- The latest version of Persona 5 Royal, launched for PC, Switch, Xbox, and PS5 on October 21, has already sold 1 million copies;
- Total sales of the Royal edition, which was initially released for PS4 in 2019, have reached 3.3 million units sold globally;
The latest release of Persona 5 Royal has already sold one million units!
Thank you to fans worldwide for all of your support! 🔥 pic.twitter.com/AaTuhSmmF2
— Official ATLUS West (@Atlus_West) December 1, 2022
- Overall, Persona 5 has sold 8.3 million units globally. This includes the original version released in 2016, as well as the Royal edition and two spin-offs, Strikers and Dancing in Starlight;
- These numbers make it the best-selling entry not only in the Persona series, but also in the entire Megami Tensei franchise;
- Total sales of the Persona series have surpassed 16.8 million units worldwide.
The Persona 5 Royal remaster came out to positive reviews from critics, with an average Metascore of 95/100. It has become one of the highest-rated PC games of all time, currently sitting in 9th place — right below Baldur’s Gate II, BioShock, and Half-Life 2.