The next WN Conference will take place in Tel Aviv, Israel next week, on November 23-24. The program for the upcoming event has finally been announced, with talks from games industry experts, panel discussions, and private roundtables.
The WN Tel Aviv’22 program is divided into two parallel parts, each having its own format, features, and goals.
The first part consists of solo talks, panel discussions, and fireside chats
Solo talks are 30-minute presentations by industry experts who will discuss certain issues. Here are some examples from the program:
- Assaf Sagy, head of global gaming at TikTok, will share his thoughts on why publishers have started launching their games as entertainment properties;
- Martin Macmillan, CEO and founder of Pollen VC, will explain how to value a mobile game studio based on some fundamentals around how these companies operate.
The so-called fireside chats are public interviews that take place live in front of the audience. For example:
- Alvaro Zapatero (Google) and Gabriel Oltarz (Moonee) will discuss how M&A deals affect the strategy of independent mobile studios and how hypercasual teams can prepare for the upcoming economic uncertainty;
- Itamar Rogel (Affogata) and Muriel Goldstein (Playstudios) will discuss the importance of player sentiment in determining whether or not a game will be successful.
Panel discussions are hour-long roundtables where three or more experts discuss different topics live. Here are some examples from the program:
- “Game Funding and M&A in 2023” — a session with the participation of such experts as Roy Meirom (Sony Ventures), Chen Leshez (Playtika), Eitan Reisel (vgames), and Kevin Baxpehler (Remagine Ventures);
- “Working with Creators at Scale: High-Performing UGC for Paid User Acquisition” — a session with the participation of Or Shatz (Playtika), Liraz Dvora (TikTok), and Gal Moalem (Beach Bum).
The second part of the conference consists of private roundtables
This format, first held at WN CEO Summit’19, is special because it has no audience or cameras. Speakers, including game companies’ executives, openly discuss private topics with the support of a moderator.
The number of seats at the tables is limited, so you must register first to participate in these discussions. Among them are:
- “Current and Upcoming Management Challenges 2022-2023” — moderated by Marina Lopatina (Talents In Games);
- “Early Stage Funding 101: How to Get the Most of Your First Time” — moderated by Andrei Podoprigora (The Games Fund).
Organizers expect around 1,000 to attend WN Tel Aviv’22. More information about the first WN Conference in Israel can be found here. Tickets are still on sale, starting at $180.