Following the presentation of Modern Warfare II, Activision Blizzard has shared some stats on the Call of Duty series. It’s been revealed that the franchise has surpassed $30 billion in lifetime revenue.
Activision Blizzard shared the data in a new interview with The Washington Post.
- CoD: Warzone has reached more than 125 million registered players since its launch in March 2020.
- Call of Duty: Mobile has generated over 650 million downloads since its launch in 2019.
- The entire series has surpassed 425 million units sold, generating over $30 billion in lifetime revenue.
- Over 3000 people are now working on the Call of Duty franchise.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, expected to launch on October 28, will become the first game in the series since 2017’s CoD: WWII to come out on Steam. Activision will also release a Warzone sequel later this year.
- Call of Duty general manager Johanna Faries declined to comment on whether games in the series will be added to Game Pass once Microsoft completes the acquisition of Activision Blizzard in 2023.