Pokémon GO has topped $6 billion in lifetime player spending since its launch in 2016, according to Sensor Tower. Niantic’s title also remained the highest-grossing AR game globally last quarter.
- Pokémon GO is now one of only a few mobile games to surpass the $6 billion mark. The other titles on the list include Honor of Kings (still the highest-grossing mobile game in the world), PUBG Mobile, Candy Crush Saga, and Clash of Clans.
- The US accounts for 36.6% of Pokémon GO’s total revenue, followed by Japan (32.6%) and Germany (5.2%).
- $3.1 billion, or 52.3% of the game’s lifetime player spending came from Google Play. The App Store accounts for 47.7% of revenue.
- Pokémon GO has generated 678 million downloads globally to date, with Google Play accounting for 76.3% of total installs.
- In the first quarter of 2022, Pokémon GO generated $198 million, which is significantly more than other AR titles like Dragon Quest Walk ($90.4 million) and Jurassic World Alive ($7.2 million).