The WN Conference is coming to Istanbul on June 7-8. The program for the hybrid event has been announced, with a special metaverse track, talks dedicated to working with popular video game franchises, and NFT case studies.
Kingdoms Online by Play 3Arabi
Each day of the event will have two parts, running simultaneously from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm (Istanbul time, GMT+3). Most talks will be 25-30 minutes long, except for panel discussions, which will take an hour each.
Now, some of the most interesting parts of the program.
- Arslan Kiran’s speech about The Sandbox, one of the biggest NFT games globally, which now has an estimated valuation of $4 billion. The talk will be a part of the large Metaverse track.
- Talk from former id Software studio director and level designer Tim Willits, who led the development of Doom 3, Quake 4, as well as 2016’s Doom, and Rage. Now serving as the chief creative officer at Saber Interactive, he will open up about working with Hollywood licenses in gamedev.
- Panel discussion on mobile gaming trends, which will focus on how developers can succeed in this increasingly competitive landscape, while also considering new opportunities like web, AR/VR, and blockchain gaming.
- Tamatem growth manager Sara Asad will talk about how MENA gaming companies are becoming globally recognized and open up about the startup ecosystem in the region. These topics will also be reflected in a talk from Niko Partners analyst Mohamed Zaher.
- Talk from Joseph Shomali, co-founder and CEO of Jordan-based game publisher Play 3Arabi. He will open up about working with the MENA audience.
- Panel discussion about designing mobile games for maximum monetization. It is dedicated to the ways current market leaders scale their games and revenues.
All lectures will be available for free from the start. They can be watched live both on Game World Observer and via the WN Hub