Capcom has released its financial report for the year ended March 31, 2022. The company achieved several milestones, with its profit hitting new records for the fifth consecutive year.
- Capcom’s net sales were ¥110 billion (around $850 million), which is up 15.5% year-over-year.
- The company’s operating income was ¥42 billion ($320 million), which is up 24% year-over-year.
- Net sales of digital content (video games) reached ¥87.5 billion ($670 million), which is up 16.2% year-over-year.
- Annual sales of Capcom games reached 32.6 million units globally, compared to the 30.1 million copies from the previous year.
- Resident Evil Village reached 6.1 million units sold across all platforms.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin has sold 1.5 million units on PC and Nintendo Switch.
- “As a result, Capcom achieved record-high net sales, the fifth consecutive year of record-high profit at all levels, and its ninth consecutive year of operating income growth,” the company said in a statement.
- Capcom expects its net sales to reach ¥120 billion ($920 million) during the next fiscal year ending March 31, 2023.