Electronic Arts has released a new financial report, saying that it had record net bookings for the year ended March 31, 2022. The company also revealed the latest results of its top games.
- EA reported net bookings of $7.5 billion, which is up 21% year-over-year.
- The company’s net income was $789 million, which is down 6% year-over-year.
- Live services accounted for 71% of the company’s total revenue, growing 17% year-over-year.
- EA also reached $1.2 billion in net bookings on mobile.
- The company’s player base reached 580 million unique active users, which is up 16% year-over-year.
- The life services growth was driven by strong performance across Electronic Arts’ “broad-based portfolio,” the company’s CFO Chris Suh said during an earnings call.
- Apex Legends surpassed $2 billion in lifetime net bookings, up 40% year-over-year. The game’s 12th season was the most successful ever.
- Respawn also announced that Apex Legends Mobile will officially come out on May 17.
— Respawn (@Respawn) May 11, 2022
- FIFA 22 was called the most successful game in the series, with its revenue “up double digits.”
- 12 games contributed $100 million or more to the company’s net bookings for the year ended March 31.