CD Projekt is expected to release the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 later this year. Some analysts, however, think that it won’t significantly boost the sales.
Polish business outlet Bankier.pl spoke to a few analysts who shared their forecasts about the Cyberpunk 2077 sales.
- According to the forecasts, the game might sell between 700K and 2 million copies during the fourth quarter of 2021. It is the same period when the next-gen versions are supposed to come out.
- Cyberpunk 2077 could reach 4.2 million copies sold in 2021, which would bring the total sales to around 18 million units. It is far below the initial expectations of 30 million copies sold during the first year.
- The impact of the next-gen update might also be minor because around 7 million people have already bought versions for PS4 and Xbox One and will receive the update for free.
- Some analysts think that CD Projekt might postpone the release to the first quarter of 2022. Most experts agree that the quality of the next-gen update will matter the most, and moving the release date won’t affect the company’s valuation.
- According to analysts, the first paid DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 might boost sales.
It is worth noting that CD Projekt hasn’t yet disclosed the sales of Cyberpunk 2077 for 2021. In its latest financial report, the company noted that around 160 developers are now working on the game’s first expansion, saying it will be supporting and fixing the project for as long as it is necessary.