Bungie, which was once a part of Activision, has issued a statement on toxic work culture and harassment amid latest allegations against its former publisher. While the company doesn’t say it is perfect, it claims to have no tolerance towards such behavior.

The official statement was published on the studio’s Twitter account on July 23. “Bungie is built on empowering our people no matter who they are, where they are from, or how they identify,” the message reads.

According to the Destiny developer, harassment, abuse, and inequality are not tolerated at the studio at any level. The company also said that it acknowledges its responsibility to reflect and push back this “persistent culture.”

“We don’t pretend that Bungie is perfect and that no one has experienced harassment while working here, but we will not tolerate it and will confront it head on,” the company said. “And we will continue to do the work every day to be better.”

Bungie made the statement in the wake of the lawsuit that was filed against Activision Blizzard earlier this week. The company was accused of discriminating against its female employees and creating a “frat boy workplace culture.”

Bungie had a close relationship with Activision after it signed a 10-year publishing deal with the company in 2010. The studio released the first two installments in the Destiny series under this partnership before ending it in 2019.

Read also:


Got a story you'd like to share? Reach us at press@gameworldobserver.com

Tags: