Rockstar hasn’t officially announced GTA VI yet, but the game is already surrounded by different rumors and speculations. The latest leak spotted online dates back to 2016 and comes from an anonymous source who accurately detailed Red Dead Redemption 2 before.
The information was shared by Twitter user Elijah Pickle on May 30. It features a few screenshots of messages that were written in 2016 on one of the imageboards.
It’s still better to be skeptical about all the information but it comes from an anonymous developer who claimed to be a Rockstar developer. In 2016, he gave detailed information about Red Dead Redemption 2, but no one on the forum believed him. However, he was absolutely right about the game.
LEAK, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
We have it guys, a potentially super real GTA VI leak, this is insane. This dude leaked all this accurate RDR2 info in 2016 and no one even noticed, those that did, they didn’t believe him. This is gonna be crazy!!! (Check replies for image link) pic.twitter.com/kalqMohaYx
— Elijah – Pickle 🤠 (@PickleFISH96) May 30, 2021
So here is what the anonymous leaker told about GTA VI:
- The full production of GTA VI started in 2016 after two years of pre-production;
- The game will have Vice City vibes but it isn’t about the 80’s. It is set in Cuba and Florida;
- GTA VI features two protagonists: a male character who smuggles drugs (he is Mexican and a comic relief) and a female character who is his contact in the US (she reminded the anonymous developer of comedian Leslie Jones but “completely dead faced”);
- The game is supposed to be Rockstar’s most mature project and less satirical than other GTA titles.
While this “developer” was right about Red Dead Redemption 2, this leak still has a chance to be false. Rockstar hasn’t revealed anything about the next GTA’s plot or setting and is now only preparing to release ports of GTA V for next-gen consoles. In March, insider Tom Henderson wrote that 80% of the GTA VI leaks are “smoke and mirrors.”
- Take-Two to release over 60 games by 2024, including remasters, premium titles, and new IPs
- Rockstar pays $10,000 to modder who reduced GTA Online load times by 70%
- Cyberpunk 2077 clears 1 million concurrent players on Steam and brings in over $500m in revenue prior to release
- Video Games Deluxe working on AAA VR game for Rockstar