Roblox has released its first financial report after going public earlier this year. The company managed to increase its quarterly revenue by 140% from the previous year.
Key figures from the report
- Net loss was $134.2 million, compared to $74.3 million for the first quarter of 2020.
- Revenue was $387 million, which is up 140% from the previous year.
- Bookings were $652.3 million, which is up 161% year-over-year.
- Roblox had an average of 42.1 million daily active users in the first quarter, which is up 79% year-over-year. Players spent 9.7 billion hours in the game (up 98% year-over-year).
- Roblox also provided some estimated metrics for April. The company reported revenue of $143-145 million and daily active users of 43.3 million.
The company went public through a direct listing in March, with its valuation exceeding $45 billion.
- Music labels sue Roblox for at least $200 million over copyright violation
- US parent organization accuses Roblox of baiting children into “casino-level” spending
- CD Projekt profit drop by 64% as company still does not disclose Cyberpunk 2077 sales
- Take-Two to release over 60 games by 2024, including remasters, premium titles, and new IPs