Roblox has released its first financial report after going public earlier this year. The company managed to increase its quarterly revenue by 140% from the previous year.
Key figures from the report
- Net loss was $134.2 million, compared to $74.3 million for the first quarter of 2020.
- Revenue was $387 million, which is up 140% from the previous year.
- Bookings were $652.3 million, which is up 161% year-over-year.
- Roblox had an average of 42.1 million daily active users in the first quarter, which is up 79% year-over-year. Players spent 9.7 billion hours in the game (up 98% year-over-year).
- Roblox also provided some estimated metrics for April. The company reported revenue of $143-145 million and daily active users of 43.3 million.
The company went public through a direct listing in March, with its valuation exceeding $45 billion.