Here’s a look at the biggest reveals from The Game Awards 2020.
Century: Age of Ashes — a free-to-play multiplayer dragon battle game. It’s in closed beta right now, the release is scheduled for February 2021.
Perfect Dark — a first-person shooter with an “eco sci-fi” theme developed by The Initiative.
Back4Blood from Turtle Rock Studios and Warner Bros — a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the Left 4 Dead franchise.
Hood: Outlaws & Legends — intense PvPvE multiplayer action game set in a medieval setting.
The Callisto Protocol is a sci-fi horror game developed by Striking Distance Studios. The studio is headed by Glen Schofield, the creator of the Dead Space series.
Warhammer 40000: Dark Tide — 4-player co-op action game that looks like Vermintide set in 40000 from developer Fatshark.
Open Roads — is a mother-daughter road trip adventure developed by Fullbright (Gone Home, Tacoma).
Disco Elysium — The Final Cut. The extended edition coming to consoles, with voice acting, more dialogue, and new areas.
Dragon Age. No new details, no gameplay. No full title for the game, either. No mention of a release window. Otherwise, cool.
Endless Dungeon — a rogue-lite tactical action game, set in the award-winning Endless universe.
Crimson Desert — an MMO from Pearl Abyss, the creators of Black Desert Online. Unlike Black Desert Online, the game will have a much bigger emphasis on singleplayer storytelling.
Season — a melancholic adventure about exploring and recording disappearing cultures. It’s develped by Scavengers Studio, the team behind the survival/battle royale game Darwin Project. PlayStation 5 exclusive.
Ark 2 — the Ark: Survival Evolved sequel with a trailer starring Vin Diesel.
Evil Dead The Game — the game features both co-op and PvP gameplay. Developed by Saber Interactive and Boss Team Games.
Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection — a remake of the 1985 NES Capcom classic launching for Nintendo Switch on 25th February 2021.
Returnal — a third-person shooter science fiction psychological horror game developed by Housemarque and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, set to be released for PlayStation 5. It was announced in summer, but the gameplay was first shown at ceremony.
Road 96 — a procedurally generated road trip adventure about fleeing from a tyrannical regime. Inspired by renowned filmmakers like the Coen Brothers, Tarantino, and Bong Joon-Ho, Road 96 is made by Digixart, the team behind Valiant Hearts.
It Takes Two — a new platformer from Josef Fares building on the ideas of A Way Out.
Evil West — a dark fantasy vampire hunting game set in the American wild west from Flying Wild Hog, the developers of Shadow Warrior.
Just Cause Mobile — a free-to-play action-shooter set in the Just Cause universe and designed exclusively for mobile.
Ruined King — is a story-driven, turn based role-playing game developed by Airship Syndicate. The game is set in the League of Legends universe. This is our first look at the gameplay.
Mass Effect. Again, not a lot of new information from BioWare. The trailer confirms the next Mass Effect game will feature the Milky Way and will continue the story of our galaxy after the trilogy’s events.
A total of 43 projects have been announced at The Game Awards 2020 and its pre-show.
- Loop Hero (Four Corners)
- Tchia (Awaceb)
- Sea of Solitude: The Director’s Cut (Jo-Mei)
- Shady Part of Me trailer (Focus Home Interactive)
- Myst VR trailer (Cyan)
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… gameplay (Square Enix)
- Century: Age of Ashes (Playwing)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sephiroth DLC (Nintendo)
- Perfect Dark (The Initiative)
- Back 4 Blood gameplay (Turtle Rock Studios)
- Scavengers closed beta (Midwinter Entertainment)
- Hood: Outlaws & Legends release date (Focus Home Interactive)
- Forza Horizon 4 & Cyberpunk 2077 crossover (Turn 10 Studios)
- The Callisto Protocol (Striking Distance Studios)
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide gameplay (Fatshark)
- Open Roads (Fullbright)
- Disco Elysium – The Final Cut (ZA/UM)
- Untitled Dragon Age game (BioWare)
- Endless Dungeon (Amplitude Studios)
- Crimson Desert gameplay (Pearl Abyss)
- Overcooked: All You Can Eat Swedish Chef DLC (Ghost Town Games)
- Warframe & Unreal Tournament crossover (Digital Extremes)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season One (Treyarch)
- Season (Scavengers Studios)
- ARK 2 starring Vin Diesel (Studio Wildcard)
- ARK: The Animated Series (Studio Wildcard)
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 3 (Mediatonic)
- Elite Dangerous: Odyssey gameplay (Frontier Developments)
- Evil Dead The Game (StudioCanal)
- Ghosts ‘N Goblins Resurrection (Capcom)
- Capcom Arcade Stadium (Capcom)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Xbox port (Asobo Studio)
- Returnal release date (Housemarque)
- It Takes Two gameplay (Hazelight)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gates Of Oblivion (Zenimax Online Studios)
- Monster Hunter Rise trailer (Capcom)
- Evil West (Flying Wild Hog)
- Scarlet Nexus trailer (Bandai Namco)
- Among Us The Airship map (InnerSloth)
- Fortnite & Halo Master Chief crossover (Epic Games)
- Fortnite & The Walking Dead crossover (Epic Games)
- Ruined King: A League of Legends Story gameplay (Airship Syndicate)
- Untitled Mass Effect game (BioWare)