The WN Conference 2020: Fall Edition is just around the corner. The event will run on the WN Hub October 26 through 30 uniting video games industry professionals from all over the world.
Speakers from Niantic, Blizzard, TikTok, Unity, Ten Square Games, Wargaming, Defold, Nordeus, Huawei AppGallery, Zeptolab, and other companies will share their insights and answer questions from the participants.
Here’s a quick look at some of the talks expected at the event.
- Game-Changing Soft Launch Strategies and The Best Approaches. In this panel discussion, game experts from Belka Games and Geewa Games will reflect on their experience launching hit titles across genres, and what made them successful. What is arguably even more interesting, they will also share the factors that swayed them to pull the plug on a game after a soft launch.
- Unlock Over a Billion Potential New Users. Unity’s Steve Taylor will discuss how Unity Distribution Portal can help your Android game reach as many gamers as possible.
- Rooting for the Underdog – Why You Should Look Beyond the Feature List. Defold’s Björn Ritzl will talk about technical due diligence at the start of a project and the importance of choosing the right tech for your game. Looking beyond the feature list, Björn will focus on the day to day struggles of developers. The talk will culminate in a case study, looking at how Melsoft Games were able to ship and efficiently operate their mobile hit game Family Island using Defold.
- User Generated Content. Speakers from Blizzard, Wargaming and Kegamota Games will discuss how to promote games with zero marketing costs.
- Keeping the Culture that Drives Your Growth. Ten Square Games’ Bartlomiej Zablocki will walk you through the company’s experience scaling up their business while maintaining the company culture.
- Oriental Express: Changing Your Game for China. APPTUTTi’s Aaron Denford will share tips for a smooth experience launching in China for overseas developers. The talk will end with an example case study from initial interest to final publication in China.
- Android Games Distribution Opportunities in 2020 and Beyond. Speakers from Unity, Huawei, Nordeus and Panoramik will cover new opportunities for game developers in the Android ecosystem.
- Fundraising for Indie Studios. Donut Labs’ Vitaliy Urban will give practical tips for fundraising, even during the pandemic. This is based on the company’s experience closing a few investment rounds with Wargaming, Braavo Capital, Level Up.
- Brazil as a Must Include Territory on Your Growth Strategy! Speakers from Brazil Games Association, Lockwood Publishing, Level Up and APEX-Brasil will discuss why Brazil has to be part of your growth strategy and guide you through the best tips to expand your business into this great new territory!
- Mega Trends in Casual Mobile Games. GameRefinery’s Joel Julkunen will discuss three larger mobile game trends GameRefinery has seen strengthening recently and which they predict to boom in 2021 as well. These trends are:
- Meta elements becoming a more essential part of casual games;
- Growing importance of social elements and community features;
- Player engagement and stickiness increasing in importance as competition gets tougher.
In the presentation, Joel will use data and practical examples to illustrate how these trends manifest in various mobile games and how they are tied to player motivations.
The full program is available here.
Once you’ve registered here, you can start scheduling meetings with other WN Conference participants right away. This is done through the platform’s meeting system, which will go live this week.
Devs are welcome to submit their games to developer showcase where publishers can notice them, support and provide feedback on.
Other WN Hub’s online features include chats, video and voice calls, and a virtual expo zone.