Embracer Group announced the acquisition of 8 studios.
- 4A Games, which is best known as the developer of the Metro franchise.
- DECA Games — German develper of mobile f2p games.
- New World Interactive — developer behind online shooter Insurgency. Following the deal, the studio will contiune to work under Saber Interactive.
- Palindrome Interactive — Swedish developer behind Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (2019).
- Pow Wow Entertainment — creators of multiplayer action title Misbits, which will contiune to work under THQ Nordic.
- Sola Media — sales agent of international film-and TV-rights.
- Rare Earth Games — Austria-based team of highly experienced industry veterans. The studio focuses on action-packed multiplayer game titles for PC, Consoles and Cloud services.
- Vermila Studios — makers of first-person horror adventure Crisol: Theater of Idols. The studio plans to turn the IP into a franchise.
In total, Embracer’s studios are now working on 125 titles, with 73 of them still unannounced. The company also noted that it’s in talks with more studios that might potentially join the group in the future.