The White Nights Conference organizers have upgraded the summer edition of the famous trade show. The White Nights Summer’20 will run on the WN Hub July 20 through 24 uniting over 10,000 video games industry professionals.
While typically held in St. Petersburg, this year’s summer event will virtually travel across five different cities — Berlin, San Francisco, London, Shenzhen, and St. Petersburg. Each day, the conference will move to a new online location highlighting local markets and regional ambassadors.
Speakers from EA Industrial Toys, Huuuge Games, Niantic, Rollic Games, Netmarble, Riot Forge, Super Evil Megacorp, TikTok, adjust, Adikteev, App Annie, Kwalee, Zimad, Snapchat, Facebook, Unity, Rovio, and other companies will share their insights and answer questions from the participants.
Here’s a quick look at some of the most interesting talks in the program.
July 20, Berlin
- The Games Market in 2020. Newzoo’s Tom Wijman will discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown on games engagement and revenues, and how these events have accelerated many trends shaping the games market.
- Beyond UA: How Wooga’s Holistic Brand Marketing Strategy Supercharges Performance. Wooga’s Valentine Ledour will explain the publisher’s holistic approach to brand marketing that embraces both traditional media advertising and performance marketing.
July 21, San Francisco
- How to Maximize the Game Economy with Monetization. App Annie’s Ron Thomas will look into the latest trends in mobile gaming, evolution of monetization and advertising in casual and hyper casual.
- How To Create Great Publishing Pitch. Huuuge Publishing’s Łukasz Miądowicz will discuss strategies for finding publishers and investors and signing with them.
- Forging Your Path: How to Stand out From the Crowd. Riot Games’ Leanne Loombe will present some key ideas for how your studio can stand out from the crowd in order to obtain partnerships and publishing support.
July 22, London
- How to Deliver a Clear PR Message & The Way to Reach Your Audience. PR Nordic’s Peter Jakobsen will talk about a PR strategy for your game.
- Prioritise and Localise: Export Insights for Mobile Apps. Google’s Daria Bogdanova will share her ideas with mobile devs on how to acquire new users from the right regions of the world and how to prioritize the right markets.
July 23, Shenzhen
- Hypercasual 2.0. Netmarble’s Baris Ozistek will discuss the publisher experience blending MMORPG with hypercasual into a genre they call hypercasual 2.0.
- Subscription in Free-to-Play Games. Multiscription’s Teis Anker Mikkelsen will walk you through the steps required to integrate a subscription in your free-to-play title.
July 24, St. Petersburg
- 3 Common Mistakes Game Developers Make Growing Their Game. IronSource’s Sandra Schneider will give a talk on how to scale your game correctly.
- From 0 to 40,000 esport passionates with Artifical Intelligence, Bot & Discord. Game.tv’ s Alessandro Capezza will share UA tactics in esports, which allowed the company to hit 6,500,000 views on YouTube and Twitch in 2 years.
The full program is available here.
While the event has underwent a major overhaul, some things haven’t changed. As always, devs are welcome to submit their games to developer showcase where publishers can notice them, support and provide feedback on.
As always, the full arsenal of the WN Hub’s online features will be at your disposal including chats, video and voice calls, meetings 24/7, and updated virtual expo zone.
You can choose your type of ticket and register on the conference’s website.