GameAnalytics has shared fresh data on how consumer behaviour changed in mobile games in response to lockdowns. The report analyzes traffic changes, playtime, IAP spend and genre trends in Q1 2020.
- The number of players grew nearly by half. From January to March, the number of people playing mobile games that are connected to GameAnalytics’ platform spiked from 1.2 billion people per month to 1.75 billion.
- Number of daily sessions increased, as well as the per-session playtime. In the last ten days of March, players all over the world spent more than 90 million hours in games, up 62 percent from the first ten days of January.
- Spikes in playtime coincided with the introduction of lockdowns in China, Italy, other European countries and the US.
- The growth in IAP spend peaked at 30% per day during the week commencing March 16. Several days later, spending dropped back to normal levels.
- Adventure games saw the biggest growth in engagement thanks to more in-depth experience.
The full report can be found here.